List of clothing for men, ladies and babies vocabulary.
- Suit / suits: Suits can be worn by men a women suit are different to a mans suit.
- Waistcoat / waistcoats: Are worn with a suit although women tend not to wear them.
- Long-sleeved shirt / long-sleeved: Shirts Shirts are worn with suits, but also can be worn with trousers or jeans.
- Short-sleeved shirt / short-sleeved shirts:
- Tie / ties: Ties are worn with shirts and also when wearing a suit.
- dress / dresses: A garment for women and girls, that consists of bodice and skirt in one piece.
- Blouse / blouses: Worn with a women's suit or with a skirt.
- Skirt / skirts: Skirts are only from the waist down and can vary in length.
- Tank-top / tank-tops: A item of clothing that as no arms and has shoulder straps.
Uni-Sex (clothes that can be worn by a man or women)
- Coat / coats: Coats normally are waist length, but can be as long as ankle length, and are used to protect us from the weather.
- Jacket / jackets: most jackets are waist length and open down the front.
- T-shirt / t-shirts: a light garment where the short sleeves, t-shirts get there names as when laid flat look like the letter t.
- Polo shirt / polo shirts: a short-sleeved, pullover sport shirt, normally of cotton, with a round neckband or a turnover collar.
- Trouser / trousers: Worn with a shirt or as part of a suit, however they can be worn with a t-shirt as well.
- Jean / jeans: Normally are a blue colour , but can be most colours and Levis are a popular brand.
- Short / shorts: Can be knee length or shorter depending on the style.
- Jumper / jumpers or pullover / pullovers: A garment that is pulled over your head so it can be worn.
- Cardigan / cardigans: Normally a collarless knitted sweater or jacket that opens down the front.
- sweatshirt / sweatshirts: A garment that is pulled over your head so it can be worn.
- Nappy / nappies: Used on babies till they are toilet trained.
- Baby grows: Covers the whole body and is fastened on the back.
- Dummy / dummies: To help sooth babies.
HoIiday and leisure clothes
- swimming trunk / swimming trunks: Can be a pair of shorts or skin tight pair of briefs.
- bikini / bikinis: A 2 piece costume ladies wear on the beach or swimming.
- swimsuit / swimsuits / or swimmimg costume / swimmimg costumes: A 1 piece item that covers the body from the neck to the waist.
- vest / vests
- bra / bras
- knicker / knickers or brief / briefs:
- stockings or suspenders:
- vest / vests:
- Shoe / shoes (unisex): can be worn for many things such as, going to work, shopping and walking.
- High heels (ladies shoes): A ladies shoe that as a heel that can be between 1 inch and 10 inch.
- boot / boots: Boots are normally ankle high, although ladies boots sometime can be knee high.
- wellington / wellingtons: normally about knee height and used to stop your feet wet.
- Slipper / slippers: Only worn in side the house to help keep your feet warm.
- Sock / socks (unisex): A garment worn on the foot before putting your shoes or trainers on.
- Trainer / trainers: Can be used for most sports and also worn as a fashion statement.
- Flip flops: Are a thong sandal and the name was given due to the noise when people walk in them.
- Plimsolls: Normally worn when going to the gym.
- Baseball cap / baseball caps: Worn by many young people as a fashion statement, it can be worn to shield the sun from your eyes.
- Sun hat / sun hats: Used to protect your head and shoulders from the sun.
- Bowler hat / bowler hats: An old English hat from the 1800's and still worn sometimes by the upper class.
- Knitted hat / knitted hats or woolen hat(s) or bobble hat(s): Worn when the weather is very cold.
Clothes for men and women vocabulary
Clothes and accessories vocabulary